NUR-513: Introduction to Advanced Registered Nursing course examines the nursing theory and the role of ethics for advanced registered nurses within the Christian worldview and through leadership, perspective focused on improving health care outcomes. Moreover, learners explore the moral/ethical responsibilities and legal and regulatory obligations of advanced registered nurses in health promotion and disease prevention. They also review evidence-based practice (EBP) literature and the research process with application to their program of study. Furthermore, they learn how to navigate scholarly EBP literature, resources, and guidelines.
Get professional help on your NUR-513: Introduction to Advanced Registered Nursing assignment.
For this NUR-513: Introduction to Advanced Registered Nursing assignment, you as the learner will conduct research on the present scope of practice for your specialty. Additionally, you also need to research the efforts that are being made to expand that scope and the role of the advanced nurse. Afterward, you will write a 1,250-1,500-word paper that includes the following:
- A discussion of the scope of your future role as an advanced registered nurse. This discussion will include any regulatory, certification, or accreditation agencies that define that scope.
- This essay will also include a discussion of three professional nursing organizations that you think are most influential in progressing the scope and influence of advanced nursing. Then you will evaluate one of these organizations that you would most likely want to join. Most importantly, when choosing the organization that you would most likely want to join, you should ask yourself these questions: How do its goals and mission fit in with your worldview and philosophy of care? And how might membership in this organization improve your practice?
- You should also include a discussion of a controversial or evolving issue that is most likely to affect your scope of practice or role in the future. Most importantly, determine how you think this issue could influence the profession and other stakeholders, and why does it matter to the advanced registered nurse?
- Finally, you complete this assignment by citing five to 10 sources. When choosing your sources, ensure that they must be published within the last 5 years and appropriate for the assignment criteria and nursing content.
Who is an advanced practice registered nurse?
Advanced practice registered nurse (APRN) has many specialties such as nurse practitioners, clinical nurse specialists, nurse anesthetists, and nurse-midwives. All of the specialties perform different duties that are aimed at delivering better care to the public. Most importantly, they play an important role in the future of healthcare. Generally, APRNs are primary care providers and are at forefront of delivering preventive care services to the population.
APRNs treat, diagnose diseases and advise the public on health issues. Moreover, they also manage chronic diseases and engage in continuous education to remain ahead of any technological, procedural, or other developments in the field. They possess initial nursing education and licensing required for all Registered Nurses (RNs). Additionally, APRNs should hold at least a Master’s degree.
Roles of APRNs Specialties.
- Nurse Practitioners deliver primary, acute, and specialty health care across the lifespan. They do this through assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of illnesses and injuries.
- Certified Nurse-Midwives offer primary, gynecological, and reproductive health care.
- Clinical Nurse Specialists provide diagnosis, treatment, and ongoing management of patients. They also provide expertise and support to nurses caring for patients. Additionally, they aid to drive practice changes throughout the organization; and ensure the use of best practices and evidence-based care to achieve the best possible patient outcomes.
- Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists deliver a full range of anesthesia and pain management services.
Duties of ANA in the field of APRNs.
The following are some of the responsibilities of an ANA across a number of areas around APRN and reimbursement:
- They monitor new payment models.
- Ensuring you get paid directly.
- They handle APRN distribution in urban and rural areas of the nations they work in.