- Teamwork and team building, empathy, and conflict resolution are all examples of interpersonal skills.
- Problem-solving abilities: For example, difficulties involving data sharing or enhancing critical IT operations.
- Programming knowledge: Although computer programming is not required for all health informaticians, experience with languages such as Java, C, Python, and SQL might offer you an advantage.
- Knowledge of health data systems: You must be familiar with the health data systems used in your business and be willing to learn new systems as technology evolves.
- Communication abilities: In addition to fundamental communication abilities, careers in health informatics sometimes include the capacity to explain complicated information simply and accurately.
- Strong listening abilities are also required.
- Time management.
- Customer service.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Accepting feedback.
HIM 615 Topic 2 Discussion 1
As a health information technology manager at your organization, what are some vital technical skill sets you would seek in a new hire? In which technical areas is your organization strong and in which areas do you see room for improvement?