ATP-214: Care, Treatment, and Prevention of Athletic Injuries Week 1.
- Under the umbrella of sports medicine, there are PTs, OTs, orthopedic surgeons, athletic trainers, and so on.
- More specialized athletic training, collaboration with sports medicine
- A physician who has the authority to override/make the ultimate decision.
Healthcare provider: informed, empathic, communicative, patient calm and decisive under pressure Mindset towards progress, attention to detail
1917 – The Trainer’s Bible – sports training
- Sports medicine goods by Cramer First Aider 1932
- The American MEd. Assoc. designated AT as a health-care profession in 1990.
- NATA (National Athletic Trainers Assoc.) was founded in 1950 to create standards for professionalism, education, research, and practice environments; it also has a code of ethics.
- 1950 \sdate NATA began without being dissolved.
- BOC (Board of Certification) grants ATC certification; function of demarcation study; professional practice requirements; exam history