HLT-317V: Communication and application of research in practice course aim to introduce students to the purpose of research as applied in health care. Moreover, students examine the role of various research methods, including evidence-based practice, in communicating with patients and providers to improve health care. Students identify and develop the skills necessary to communicate effectively in the areas of interpersonal communication, group dynamics, diversity, motivation, team building, and conflict resolution.
At nursingessayhelp.org, we provide HLT-317V: Communication and Application of Research in Practice assignment help at affordable rates to ordinary students. Our expert writers and our quality assurance team are well-trained. Thus, we guarantee you will receive a well-written paper that will impress your readers.
What is communication?
Communication is the act of developing meaning among entities or groups through the use of sufficiently mutually understood signs, symbols, and semiotic conventions. In short, it is the act of transferring information from one place, person, or group to another through a medium.
Types of communication.
1. Verbal communication.
Verbal communication is the use of language to transfer information through speaking or sign language.
Steps to improve verbal communication.
- Using a strong and confident voice.
- Using active listening.
- Avoiding filler words or industry jargon where not necessary.
2. Non-verbal communication.
Non-verbal communication is the use of body language, gestures, and facial expressions to convey information to others. For example, smiling when you hear or see something pleasing.
Steps to improve non-verbal communication skills.
- Notice how your emotions feel physically.
- Be intentional about your non-verbal communications.
- Mimic nonverbal communications you find effective.
3. Written communication.
Written communication is the act of writing, typing, or printing symbols like letters and numbers to convey information. It is important since it offers a record of information for reference. This type of communication is used in books, blogs, and letters, etc.
Steps to improve written communication.
- Strive for simplicity.
- Don’t rely on tone.
- Take time to review your written communications.
- Keep a file of writing you find effective or enjoyable.
4. Visual communication.
Visual communication is the act of using photographs, art, drawings, sketches, charts, and graphs to convey information and is often used as an aid during a presentation to provide useful context alongside written or verbal communication.
Steps to improve visual communication.
- Inquire from others before including visuals.
- Consider your audience.
What is research?
Research is the construction of new knowledge or the use of existing knowledge in a new and creative way so as to generate new concepts, methodologies, and understandings.
Types of research methods
- Case studies.
- Non-participant and participant observation.
Benefits of research in healthcare.
- Helps to diagnose diseases.
- It enables the prevention of the development or recurrence of diseases and reduces the number of people who become ill.
- Helps to treat illnesses thus increasing the survival rate.
- It improves the quality of life for people living with the diseases.
Importance of communication in Healthcare.
- Basis of decision-making and planning. Most importantly, it helps in the proper implementation of plans and policies of the management.
- Ensures smooth and efficient working of a healthcare organization.
- Communication binds the people in a healthcare organization together and facilitates coordination.
- Effective communication increases managerial efficiency. This is because it is through communication that the management is able to convey its goals and objectives, allocate jobs and give instructions to the people working in a healthcare organization.
- Effective communication creates mutual understanding and trust among members of a healthcare organization thus promoting cooperation between employer and employees.
- Helps in establishing effective leadership.
- Through communication, workers are motivated to achieve the goals of the healthcare organization, and their morale is boosted.
- Effective communication enables a manager to effectively delegate his authority and responsibility to others thus increasing managerial capacity.
- Communication serves as a tool for effective control since the goals, objectives, plans, vision, and mission of the healthcare organization can be effectively communicated to the subordinates.
- Effective communication creates job satisfaction among employees. This is because it increases mutual trust and confidence between the management and employees.