In a pub-655: international perspectives in community health course, learners synthesize the impact of globalization on community health and the complexities of partnering with communities for development among resource-constrained populations. Additionally, learners also review the history of international public health efforts and theories underpinning current global health initiatives. There is an emphasis on the role of faith and ministry-based organizations in global health advocacy and initiatives. Learners also examine the challenges of building real collaboration across public, private, and local entities, and explore best practices for the integration of faith-based and professional public health principles to establish sustainable local development.
With our pub-655: international perspectives in community health assignment help, students will get a deeper understanding of the different theories of community psychology and how community psychologists work and interact with people in their communities, as well as with local and national governments and policymakers to promote social change.
HCA-515: Analysis of Contemporary Health Care Delivery Models.
What is the difference between community psychology and international community psychology?
Community psychology is the study of the individuals’ contexts within communities and the wider society and the relationships of the individual to communities and society whereas international community psychology can be defined as community psychology work in a country you know little about and it occurs when community psychologists from one country work or train in a country other than their own. Individuals who specialize in community psychology are called community psychologists. They seek to understand the quality of life of the individuals within groups, organizations, and institutions, communities, and society. Community psychologist’s main aim is to enhance the quality of life via collaborative research and action.
Reasons why international community psychology may happen.
International Community Psychology practice happens when Community Psychology practitioners from one country work in a different country or culture. The following are some of the reasons why international community psychology may happen:
- It may occur because the practitioners are invited to do research by native residents, or because the practitioners themselves have initiated this contact. These invitations may happen if the community psychologist has expertise in an intervention or field which the host country lacks, or is invited to teach Community Psychology methods to students and practitioners.
- International community psychology may happen because a home practitioner desires to learn something new or useful that can only be obtained by doing the research or intervention in an international setting.
- International community psychology may also happen as a result of search or intervention forced upon the local or indigenous culture. However, this is not recommended.
- Another reason why the international community may happen is if Community Psychology training is occurring in another country.
Significance of studying international community psychology.
There are several important reasons why students should study international community psychology. For example, Tao Te Ching, suggests that being exposed to various environments and context helps us realize how much more we need to learn. Though humbling, this is the value of adopting an international perspective in community psychology. Some of the advantages of studying international community psychology include:
- International work can hone your Community Psychology skills because international research and practice can intensify values and goals, in contrast to doing work in more familiar in-country environments. Moreover, many reports have been made by experienced International Community Psychology practitioners that their international work creates opportunities for reflection and self-discovery, and helps them to better understand the context.
- Globalization is changing the world by making it more interconnected via communications technology, travel, immigration, and trade. Trade is occurring in money, goods, and services, trade is also occurring in symbols, morality, cultural values, governmental systems, and most importantly, people. Therefore, because we live in an ever-increasingly global community where we must consider the global context to address the root causes of local social problems; Community Psychology practices must be informed by global perspectives to understand the contexts in which people live.