Still worried about writing a good cultural diversity in nursing essay? Get professional assistance with your cultural diversity in nursing essay from our competent writers at pocket-friendly prices right here.
How To Write A Cultural Diversity in Nursing Essay.
Writing a cultural diversity in nursing essay is no easy feat. You have to explain how you understand cultural diversity, its importance in healthcare, and some of the ways of promoting cultural diversity. Additionally, you also have to possess academic writing skills in order to write a successful nursing essay. This post will take a topic-wise approach to write a good cultural diversity in nursing essay.
Let’s start by looking at what cultural diversity is …
What is Cultural Diversity?
According to Wikipedia, cultural diversity is the quality of diverse or different cultures, as opposed to monoculture, the global monoculture, or a homogenization of cultures, akin to cultural evolution. Cultural Diversity can also be defined as the existence of a variety of cultural groups within a society. Cultural groups can share many different characteristics.
The following are the different characteristics/qualities that define cultural diversity in modern society:
- Sexual orientation
- Political beliefs
- Physical abilities and disabilities
- Socioeconomic background
5 Risks of Lacking Cultural Diversity in Healthcare.
The following are some of the risks associated with lacking cultural diversity in healthcare teams.
- Limited perspectives.
- Communication breakdown.
- Lack of role models.
- Lack of future diversity.
Importance of Cultural Diversity in Healthcare.
There are many benefits of cultural diversity and cultural competence to nursing.
The following are some of the benefits of cultural diversity to healthcare:
- It helps the nurses to become more culturally sensitive to patient needs.
- Cultural diversity helps to increase the patient trust and confidence in their care – If the nurse is able to understand the patient’s values and honour his/her beliefs while meeting the patient’s treatment needs, the patient’s trust in the nurse’s care increases.
- Cultural competencies enable nurses to more thoroughly assess the healthcare needs of different minority groups.
- It enables nurses to advocate better for patients with an understanding of culture, customs, food, and religious views.
- Cultural diversity helps to increases the nurse’s morale for providing a better quality of care.
- Since cultural diversity promotes nurses’ morale, this also increases employee retention.
- Cultural diversity enables nurses to make better decisions since they can think from diverse perspectives and get new ideas to solve problems occurring in the workplace.
- Cultural diversity in the healthcare sector helps to get new talents from the minority communities which would not have been discovered.
- Diverse healthcare teams often get better results because they can get new ideas and think from different perspectives. Additionally, when diverse healthcare teams embrace diversity, they can develop good teamwork hence providing better healthcare.
How to Promote Cultural Diversity in Healthcare Sector.
1. Learn more about RWJF’s efforts to broaden the influence of nursing-related leadership, policy, and practice.
There are many young people who wound thrive in a nursing profession but think that they cannot afford to pay for nursing school because of their background or existing challenges. Identifying and supporting these kinds of young students would promote cultural diversity in healthcare by creating a nursing workforce that better reflects the growing diversity of the world.
2. Reaching out to kids at a young age so they understand that a career in nursing is a real option for them.
Current nursing workforce can create campaigns to promote cultural diversity in the healthcare sector. These campaigns may involve visiting schools where there are young students and letting them know that the job market for nurses is strong and that there is a place for everyone in nursing. Additionally, healthcare facilities or nursing schools can offer scholarships funds and programs for young students who are interested in pursuing nursing as a career.
3. Encouraging minority nursing students to take advantage of the support programs.
Students from minority communities should be encourage to take advantage of support programs such as additional academic support so as to help them to succeed in school and graduate.
4. Recruiting young faculty members from minority communities to nursing programs.
According to the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN), just 14 percent of full-time nursing school faculty members came from racial or ethnic minority groups in 2014. Therefore, encouraging and recruiting young faculty members from minority programs to nursing programs may help to promote cultural diversity in nursing schools and healthcare facilities.
5. Motivating minority nurses to participate in community outreach.
To conclude, cultural diversity is important as it helps diverse healthcare teams to get better results because they can get new ideas and think from different perspectives. Thus, the healthcare sector should promote cultural diversity in our modern society.