The goal of this assignment is to select a practice problem that affects the overall health of the United States and find a quantitative research study related to this issue. The first step is to download the Practice Problem Guide and the Johns Hopkins Research Evidence Appraisal Tool from the Student Resource Center, which can be found in the “Project & Practicum Resources” section.
Once these resources have been downloaded, you should select one of the eight practice problems outlined in the Practice Problem Guide. These problems are known to burden the overall health of the United States. After selecting a practice problem, it is necessary to conduct a library search for a quantitative research study that addresses this problem.
During the library search, you should look for a quantitative research study and assess its quality using the Johns Hopkins Research Evidence Appraisal Tool. This tool helps evaluate the level of evidence and grade of quality of the selected study. After appraising the study, summarize the findings and transfer them to the Johns Hopkins Individual Evidence Summary Tool.
The completed Individual Evidence Summary Tool, along with the quantitative research study, should be attached to your initial post for this assignment. Additionally, include a permalink for the selected quantitative research study, making sure it provides access to the full-text article.
The faculty team will review both the research study and the Johns Hopkins Individual Evidence Summary Tool, and provide guidance based on their analysis.
In terms of analyzing the evidence summary of the selected quantitative research study, consider the following points:
1. Does the research design answer the research question?
– Assess whether the research design of the study adequately addresses the research question. Explain your rationale for your assessment.
2. Were the study sample participants representative? Why or why not?
– Evaluate whether the study sample participants are representative of the population being studied. Justify your reasoning for whether they are or are not representative.
3. Compare and contrast the study limitations.
– Identify and compare the limitations of the study. Discuss the strengths and weaknesses of the research and its implications for the findings.
4. Based on this evidence summary, would you consider this quantitative research study as support for your selected practice problem?
– Consider whether the quantitative research study provides support for the selected practice problem. Explain the rationale behind your decision.
Ensure that you review the complete discussion requirements for this assignment to make sure all the necessary components are included.