In this assignment, students will be tasked with creating a capstone project change proposal that encompasses the various components they have been working on throughout the course. This proposal should include sections for each content focus area covered in the course. The purpose of this project is to apply evidence-based research steps and processes in order to address a clinically oriented problem or issue that may arise in future practice. The written project should be between 1,250-1,500 words and should include the following information:
1. Background of the clinical problem: This section should present a clear and logical overview of the clinical problem. It should include relevant support and rationale to demonstrate the importance and significance of the problem.
2. Clinical problem statement: In this section, the student should present a clear and concise statement of the clinical problem. The statement should be supported by relevant evidence and rationale.
3. Purpose of the change proposal: The purpose of the change proposal should be presented in relation to providing patient care in the changing healthcare system. The student should clearly and logically articulate the relevance and importance of the proposed change. This section should be supported by relevant evidence and rationale.
4. Topic and criteria: The student should clearly and logically present the topic and criteria for the change proposal. This should be supported by relevant evidence and rationale.
5. Literature Review: This section should present a comprehensive evaluation of the literature related to the clinical problem. The student should critically analyze and synthesize the existing literature, highlighting the key findings and gaps in knowledge. The review should be clearly and logically presented and should be supported by relevant evidence and rationale.
6. Change or nursing theory: The student should present a logically structured and supported argument for the use of a specific change or nursing theory in addressing the clinical problem. The rationale for the chosen theory should be clearly articulated and supported by relevant evidence.
7. Implementation plan and outcome measures: The student should present a clearly and logically structured implementation plan for the proposed change. This plan should include specific outcome measures that will be used to evaluate the effectiveness of the intervention. The plan should be supported by relevant evidence and rationale.
8. Use of evidence-based practice: The student should clearly and logically present how evidence-based practice will be used in the intervention plan. This should include a discussion of the relevant evidence supporting the proposed intervention and the rationale for its selection.
9. Plan for evaluating the proposed nursing intervention: This section should present a clear and logical plan for evaluating the proposed nursing intervention. The student should discuss the specific measures that will be used to assess the effectiveness of the intervention and should provide a rationale for their selection.
10. Potential barriers and plans to overcome them: The student should identify potential barriers to the implementation of the proposed change and present a clear and logical plan for overcoming these barriers. The plan should be supported by relevant evidence and rationale.
In conclusion, this assignment requires students to develop a comprehensive capstone project change proposal that addresses a clinically oriented problem or issue. The proposal should incorporate the various components covered in the course and should be supported by relevant evidence and rationale. By following the guidelines provided and incorporating feedback from previous assignments, students can create a well-structured and persuasive proposal that demonstrates their understanding of evidence-based research and its application in clinical practice.