Pub-450: public health policy and financing writing-intensive course, students examine the structure, function, financing, and delivery of public health and health care services at the local, state, and federal levels. Students explore the role of policies and regulations on the delivery and quality of public health and health care services. The course also considers the relationship between private and public sector health care systems and public health in addressing population health. Moreover, learners also explore strategies for advocacy, including advocating for health issues and communities.
With our PUB-450: Public Health Policy and Financing homework help, learners from across the world get a chance to get a well-written paper that is guaranteed to impress their readers. Thus, ensuring them to get good grades in their finals. Most importantly, our nursing paper writing services are exceptional, professional, and affordable to all students.
What is public health policy?
A Health policy is the decisions, plans, and actions that are performed in order to achieve specific health care goals within a society. Thus, an explicit health policy can achieve several objectives. This is mainly because it defines a vision for the future which in turn helps to establish targets and points of reference for the short term and medium term.
Core disciplines of public health.
- Behavioral science or health education.
- Environmental health.
- Health services administration.
Examples of public health policies include the following:
- Educating the public about healthier choices.
- Promoting physical activity and fitness.
- Preventing disease outbreaks and the spread of infectious diseases.
- Ensuring safe food and water for the communities.
- Preparing for emergencies and preventing injuries to the public.
- Treating water with fluoride for consumption by the communities.
What is public health?
Public health is the science of protecting and improving the health of people and their communities.
Functions of public health.
- Monitor health status to identify and solve community health problems
- Diagnose and investigate health problems and health hazards in the community
- Inform, educate, and empower people about health issues
- Mobilize community partnerships and action to identify and solve health problems
- Develop policies and plans that support individual and community health efforts
- Enforce laws and regulations that protect health and ensure safety
- Link people to needed personal health services and assure the provision of health care when otherwise unavailable
- Assure competent public and personal health care workforce
- Evaluate effectiveness, accessibility, and quality of personal and population-based health services
- Research for new insights and innovative solutions to health problems
What is public health financing?
Public health finance is a field of study that examines the acquisition, utilization, and management of resources for the delivery of public health functions and the impact of these resources on population health and the public health system.
There are four basic models of healthcare systems in the world. These four major healthcare models include:
- The Beveridge model.
- The Bismarck model.
- National health insurance.
- The out-of-pocket model.
In most countries around the world, health care providers such as doctors and hospitals are paid by the following:
- Private insurance.
- Government insurance programs.
- People themselves. That is personal, out-of-pocket funds.
Private insurance is purchased from for-profit and not-for-profit insurance companies. Most private insurance is bought by corporations as a benefit for employees. Generally, costs are shared by employers and employees. However, people may also purchase this private health insurance themselves.
What is the patient protection and affordable care act (PPACA)?
The patient protection and affordable care act is a healthcare reform legislation. It has the following functions:
- Increase the availability of health insurance.
- Increase affordability of health insurance and,
- Boost the use of private health insurance in the USA.