Writing research papers requires the student to express medical knowledge in a professional way. Moreover, research papers require the students to use research and writing skills to write a good research paper. If you are a nursing student and you need help with writing your research paper, place your order right now. Our writers will ensure to write your research paper in a professional way hence will have a good impression on your readers. Therefore, you will pass your final exams. This guide will explain what nursing is and some of its effects on global health. Moreover, it will show you how to write a research paper on the subject.
What is Nursing?
Nursing can be described both as an art and a science, a heart and a mind. According to the medical dictionary for health professions and nursing, it is defined as a discipline, profession, or area of practice. As a discipline, nursing is centered on knowledge development with an emphasis on discovering, describing, extending, and modifying knowledge for professional nursing practice.
On the other hand, nursing is also an integral part of the health care system and as such encompasses the promotion of health, prevention of illness, and care of physically ill, mentally ill, and disabled people of all ages, in all health care settings and other community contexts.
What do nurses do?
In the field of nursing, you can work in many environments. You can choose to work in schools, hospitals, medical offices, camps, clinics, labor and delivery, medical-surgical care, neonatal intensive care unit (NICU), or shelters.
Nurses perform many professional tasks according to the area they specialize in. Some of the nursing responsibilities include jobs like researching, supervising staff such as LPN’s and nursing assistants, coordinating patient care with other members of the healthcare team, administering medications, wound care, and other health interventions.
The nursing process.
Irrespective of the specialty, all nurses use the same nursing process. A scientific method delivers efficient patient care. It consists of theses five simple steps:
- Assessment – Nurses assess patients on a physiological, economic, social, and lifestyle basis.
- Diagnosis – Nurses form diagnoses of patients through careful consideration of both physical symptoms and patient behavior.
- Planning – Nurses use their knowledge to set realistic goals for the patient’s recovery and monitor closely the objectives.
- Implementation – By accurately implementing the care plan, nurses guarantee consistency of care to the patient whilst documenting the progress.
- Evaluation – Nurses hone the plans to achieve the best patient outcomes by closely analyzing the effectiveness of the care plan and studying the patient response.
Requirements to work as a nurse.
To work as a nurse, you are required to have certain educational criteria such as an associate’s degree in nursing (ADN), bachelors of science in nursing (BSN), Masters of Science in Nursing (MSN), or a doctorate of nursing practice (DNP). A registered nurse can also earn specialty certification.
A registered nurse can administer medications, coordinate care, perform a physical examination,s and providing health promotion.
Advanced practice registered nurse (APRNs).
Nurses who wish to extend their careers should pursue a graduate degree going on to a master’s and doctorate. . Some of the specialties of APRN’s are:
- Nurse practitioner (NP). They are able to provide primary and preventive care, diagnose and treat certain conditions, and prescribe certain medications.
- Certified nurse-midwife (CNM). CNM’s are able to provide healthy and non-high-risk women with obstetric and gynecologic care.
- Certified registered nurse anesthetists (CRNA). They provide anesthesia to patients for surgery and other medical procedures.
- Clinical nurse specialists (CNS). can work in different settings like hospitals, clinic offices, or nursing homes.
Advantages of a nursing career.
The shortage of nurses across the globe has made their jobs available and has offered potential job security to the nurses. Moreover, it offers a chance to work in non-traditional work environments like schools and government agencies. The vast specialties in a nursing career also provide the opportunity to apply your skills in a multitude of areas.
The effect of nurses on global health.
The Red Cross (an international humanitarian network founded in 1863 in Switzerland) has been empowering nurses to help communities across the globe. Nurses are in every community providing expert care from birth to the end of life. Moreover, nurses have also contributed much effort and expertise to help control the worldwide coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.