Define the steps in the procurement process leading up to the RFP
- Establish the project’s boundaries.
- Identify key stakeholders and advisors.
- Talk to stakeholders and define your project needs.
- Write the RFP.
- Create a draft of your scoring criteria.
- Circulate the RFP.
- Review responses.
- Research novel technologies as necessary.
The RFP process begins with drafting a request for proposal. Bidders review the solicitation and submit suggestions for improvement. After implementing feedback, the final request for proposal is issued. Bidders then submit their proposals.
HIM 615 Topic 6 DQ 1
Define the steps in the procurement process leading up to the RFP. Describe a case where vendor demonstrations might be of vital importance in aiding your final purchase decision. How does the RFP form the basis of the contract?